How we maintain and look after your asset
We believe maintenance should be proactive rather than reactive. We all understand ‘prevention is better than cure’ and when it comes to maintaining your property, it’s usually a lot less expensive as well.
At Coral Sea Property Management, our 3-step maintenance approach protects your investment, helps to increase your rental return, and helps to maintain the value of your property.
Step 1 – Conduct a detailed maintenance review
We’ll conduct a detailed maintenance review of your property. We recommend this is done at least once every year. Our report will advise you on any work that may be required. This helps you to plan and budget for repairs and handle potential issues before they occur.
Step 2 – Perform regular maintenance
We don’t want to wait for your tenant to report issues. Instead, we can organise regular and discounted maintenance services, including:
- Annual air-conditioner services
- Pest inspections
- Cyclone preparation and gutter maintenance
- Smoke detector inspections
- Regular yard maintenance including mulching and fertilising
- House cleaning
- Pool and water certification
Step 3 – Plan ahead to keep costs down
We plan maintenance seasonally to help keep costs down. For example, air-conditioner services can be done during spring before the peak period starts. By planning ahead to coincide with tradespeople’s slower periods, we can negotiate discounts on your behalf. We can also work with suppliers to negotiate better deals. For example, if you want regular lawn mowing or pool cleaning.
At Coral Sea Property Management, we have a fully-qualified maintenance manager on staff. Their only job is to ensure that your property is kept in the best condition. So when issues do arise, our maintenance manager makes sure:
- It’s a genuine request. In accordance with the residential tenancies act, we only accept requests in writing. Using our online system, tenants can lodge requests 24 hours a day.
- It’s handled in a professional manner. We only use licensed tradespeople who have an established relationship with us.
- It’s handled in a timely manner. This removes any chance of disputes arising from delays to maintenance.
We apply the following timeframes for action and completion of maintenance, and measure and track them daily.
- Acknowledge all maintenance requests – within 1 business day
- Allocate job – within 3 business days
- Ensure tradespeople attend and commence job – within 7 days
- Complete job, where possible – within 14 days
When an account arrives for payment, we contact the tenant to confirm the job has been completed and they are happy with the result. This reinforces to your tenant that they are important and their welfare is essential to us. If necessary, our maintenance manager arranges an inspection of the work. Our maintenance manager is quite aware of costs and inspects the bill. If it is excessive, the tradespeople will be asked to explain. This also helps us to keep your costs down. We’ll then contact you, by phone or email in line with your instructions, to inform you that the job was completed and the payment amount will be deducted from your account. Your invoice and any extra information (photos, certificates, and so on) will be attached to your statement and emailed to you when your next payment is processed.