Like we own it
Words that describe our philosophy, attitude, and disciplines
Manage It Like We Own It
Our guide for every decision we make on a daily basis is “What would I do if I owned this property?” It sounds a little corny, like a marketing slogan. But it is about operations, not marketing. It is on our wall so that WE see it and are reminded about what drives our success – not just so that our owners can see it. On a daily basis there are decisions that our team makes using our systems as guidance. Each decision is then checked against the question “Would I make the same decision if I owned this property?”
“Manage it like we own it” ensures that we always have your best interests at heart. It also allows us to avoid the trap that other property managers fall into, which is to make as few decisions as possible and force the owners to do the ‘managing’. You have chosen us to manage your properties – and our “manage it like we own it” guideline means that it is a role we enter completely into.
We make decisions, we enforce standards, and we are professional in our focus on results. “Manage it like you own it” is such a guiding principle that it is easy to back our words with our 100% Delighted Money Back Guarantee. If we don’t deliver you don’t pay!
We’re on the same Team
The property owner and property manager are on the same team. For the best possible returns, every owner and their property manager must present a united front. Once you have chosen us to manage your properties, we apply our knowledge, experience, training and systems to get great results for you. You are the property owner. You are the investor, the creator of the asset, the person we manage the asset for. To effectively manage your property, we have to hold the same values and be working towards the same result.
We have developed great systems and we believe that our processes are some of the best in the industry. And our people are vital ingredient to our results. When we have the right people in the right roles, the results are exceptional. But what we really really want are Great Owners, Great Tenants and Great Properties
- Trust us to manage their property as if it was our own
- Respect tenants and their rights
- Are prepared to maintain their property to the required standard within the timeframes promised to their tenants
- Understand that good tenants are a major asset and should be treated well
- Let us manage the tenants and don’t bypass the system by having direct communication with them
- Care for the property as if it were their own
- Pay rent on time every time
- Respect the property, the owner and the property management staff
- Understand that the property will be periodically inspected
- Have great owners
- Have great tenants
- Are well presented, maintained and loved
- Are priced and promoted realistically, based on the prevailing market conditions
- Are located in the geographic catchment area that we can focus on